Thursday, July 10, 2008

Feeling Very Grateful

So we all know how I felt about turning 30 yesterday. Well, might I say that it wasn't half bad! Bill was extra sweet because he knew how hard it was on me, and so many other people went out of their way to do sweet things for me. Here are some of the reasons why I am so grateful and why I think I have the coolest husband, family, and friends in the world:

~ Jenn sent me a card even before my birthday! Wow, she was on the ball!

~ Marja sent me a birthday card in the mail! (She remembers EVERYONE, and I do mean EVERYONE's birthdays!)

~ Bill woke up early to send me an ecard and to take care of the kids while I slept in a little (Hey, 7:30 is sleeping in when your kids start getting up at 6:00!)

~ Then I opened presents, and LOVED them. I was spoiled! Lana and Hayden each got me a shirt, Rylee got me the kit for the first series of Wilton cake decorating classes (and she even thought of that one herself), Bill paid for the first set of classes for me to go along with it, I got a car adapter for my iPod, a COOL Flag Jell-o mold, a Home Depot gift card (read on to see what that is for!), and new body wash.

~ THEN Bill told me he had asked the lovely Sara to babysit our kids so he could take me out. Bill and I really needed a new comforter, and I hate the paint in our room, and I hate the color of our bed. So...We went shopping and bought a new comforter, pillows, etc. for the bed and then bought all the paint supplies for the bed and the walls in our room! Yeah! I am so excited! Now I have a fun project to look forward to! Okay, on with the list...

~ So when we got home, the kids were all happy (except for Hayden because he needed a nap, but 3 out of 4 isn't bad!) Sara did a great job with them and it is so nice to leave our kids and (should I admit this out loud?) forget about them! We weren't worried at all. And I came home to pictures that the kids (and Sara) had all colored for me.

~ I also came home to a gift from Amelia, my BFF's daughter. I was teasing her the other day and asked her what she was going to get me for my b-day and I asked her if she would get me a car or a million dollars. So when I unwrapped the gift form her, it was a matchbox car and a one-million dollar bill that she made. How sweet! She is so thoughtful and darling!

~ Then, I checked my email and had a really sweet email from my dad. I love my dad and always look forward to his emails. I also had an email from a high school friend, Pyper. She is another one who remembers everyone's birthdays!

~ Then I check my blog and people were so sweet leaving birthday wishes in my comments *thank you to everyone who was so sweet!* and my friend, Katherine did the sweetest blog post for my b-day on her blog. She is darling! Thank you, Katherine!

~ So I am already feeling spoiled and we have the little family get-together that night for cake and ice cream. Bill's mom gave me money to go and get stuff for the curtains I want to do in our room (WAHOO!) and my mom got me an apple themed gift. It had the Pampered Chef apple peeler/corer/slicer (that I have been wanting to get for like two years now ever since I used Steph's) and a darling basket full of apples, red dish cloths and towels, apple chips, an apple cookie cutter, apple streusel muffin mix, a cute red baster thing, and some other little goodies. It was so much fun!

~ And on top of all of that, I had friends calling me all day to say Happy Birthday and Jordan, Ashley, Sara all sent me birthday wishes as well. Seriously, I was spoiled.

Bill really did try so hard to make my day a good one, and his efforts were a success. I had a fantastic day and he took such good care of me, like he always does. Thank you so much, Honey, for all that you do and for taking the time to think about what I would enjoy and for being creative. You are awesome, and I think you outdid yourself! I'm good now through Christmas, and my birthday next year...I love you!

Thank you, kids for being so excited about my b-day and for coloring so many pictures for me and for making me feel loved every day. Thank you for being so good yesterday as well!!! That was a great present!!!

And thank you to all who were so sweet to call, or to leave messages, or to come and spend time with me yesterday. I truly am blessed to be surrounded by such amazing people!

And, no, being 30 isn't that bad (just don't ask me how old I am!:))

9 comments:

Andrea said...

Yay! I am sooo happy that you had a great day. You have great friends and family!


I took the first 2 or 3 Wilton classes-you will have so much fun!

I can't wait to see pictures of the new room.

Now that I am happy..bedtime...we have to drive to Austin tomorrow to see friends and then on to Houston the next day to see family.

Larsens said...

You had a fabulous day!

You are loved!!!

Jenn said...

ALRIGHT!!!! See being umph (I won't use the numbers anymore)years old isn't so bad after all!!! Good job Bill and Kids!! You deserve it. You'll have to blog your room after it's all done! I'm so excited to see it-HOW FUN!

Chris, Deb and the Ava Jayne said...

please please please teach me how to make my page even 1/3 as cute as yours. Today was great fun! Thanks for saving my carpet, and Ava's pants from a day of disaster <3 Hope your pedicure is DIVINE and void of all tickling!

Chris, Deb and the Ava Jayne said...

Yes. I actually spent about 3 hours searching online for help to make it cute. It was really blah. I used the same site you did, and found one that fits us. It took forever to find something that felt right. I'm odd. So, four hours later--like I had nothing else to do--we have a pretty snazzy blog.

Katherine said...

I am glad you had a good birthday and that I was able to share in part of the celebrations. You deserve the best!

I too am looking foreward to seeing the new look in your room. I'm sure it will look awesome.

Tai said...

Hey Happy Late Birthday!! I was so ticked that we got ZERO cell phone service down in Lake Powell. I thought I would call you on your b-day but didn't realize until it was to late that I wouldn't be able to call you!! Sorry I am a crappy sister. I am so glad that you had a fantastic birthday couple of days. You definitely deserve everything and more!!! You don't look a day out of High School and you are such a great person. I can't wait to see the new room and I am excited for you to take the cake decorating classes. You are already so good I am sure you will just take off with them. I have a ton of stuff you can have because I obviously decided it was easier right now to have Sams Club decorate cakes!!! You will have a blast at the classes though and what a great way to get out by yourself every week. Once again Happy Happy Birthday!! You are awesome!!

Drostan and Jennifer said...

Welcome to the 30s. I've only been there a month but I'm loving it! (Of course, I haven't had anyone ask me my age yet) lol

Anonymous said...

Yay!! So glad to hear your hubby, kids and friends made your day special! Can't wait to see the finished product/your room... how exciting!