Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A Few Fun Days...

...And a LOT of pictures!

First, Rylee told me that I HAD to blog these. She was very proud of herself. (Pretty sad when your daughter asks you all the time if you are "going to blog this" or if she can take pictures for you to blog. Hmmmm...What does mommy do a lot?)

So, on Saturday, Bill took Lana and Hayden to the store for a minute and that left me with Rylee and Kate. I had a horrible headache on Saturday night, and Rylee wanted to help watch Kate. After Bill had just been gone a few minutes, Rylee came running in to my room where I was happily trying to finish reading Eclipse saying, "Look at these. I just took them. You gotta blog this!" She had propped Kate and then played photographer. Apparently Kate likes her picture taken (at least by Rylee!)

Now she can be happy. I have officially blogged her pictures!
Next item of business...Our 4th of July festivities update with a few pictures (just in case you are curious!)
On Saturday morning, Bill got in on the action by taking the three older kids shopping for 4th of July clothes while I stayed here and put Kate down for a nap and start working in the yard. (Some may say that I should have taken the kids shopping, but until you have been shopping with my kids you don't understand why yard work sounds NICE! Poor Bill got the "adventure" for the day!) Bill did a great job picking out clothes and he even went to Michaels (yes the craft store) to get another project for me to do with the kids. (What a man, huh! Not only does he brave Michaels for me, but he does it with three hooligans tagging along!)
So this is what the kids are going to be wearing on the Fourth:


And this was our project yesterday (the one I had Bill run to Michael's for):
We bought foam visors for the kids and let them decorate one. Rylee got the red one, Lana got the white one, and Hayden gets the blue one. They will be so cute at the parade!

Rylee working ever so diligently on her little project.

And Lana working so hard as well! Hayden wasn't interested in the craft project. Bill would be proud of his boy!


And the finished products were fun.

Rylee and Lana had to POSE for a picture with the visors, of course! Silly girls! Can you tell it was at the end of the day? No cute hair here after about 1:00 in the afternoon! :)

And for Family Home Evening we listened to Take Your Hat Off When The Flag Goes By while we went out and delivered some firecracker cups to some people in the ward (yes, some of those to the people I visit teach - Hey it wasn't midnight yet on the last day of the month!) I had to jam two activities into one day because I was a slacker on Sunday and we didn't get to one. Oops!

We are having a ball with the countdown and activities and this will definitely be a tradition for us! (Or an obsession for me!) My kids are more excited for the 4th of July this year than they usually are for Christmas! I LOVE it!

And stay tuned: In my next post, I will post pictures of some more fun treasures I found to help us celebrate as well as ideas for a fun 4th of July dinner - okay, I make the same thing every year, but for those of you looking for fun ideas, I got 'em! See you all soon!

5 comments:

Laurie said...

I love your spirit towards July 4.

I personally love this holiday too!

This holiday has almost as much home decor as Christmas. With all the decorations in my house, I love the daily reminder.

I have been making the "Candy Fireworks" every year sense I got my first one from you. I Love It!!!

Larsens said...

Cute ideas, once again. Those are some cute pictures of Kate. She cracks me up.

Your kids are so lucky to have you!

Katherine said...

How cute! Your kids are going to look adorable on the fourth. Reading your festiv e posts makes me even more excited about the fourth than I already was.

Jenn said...

I miss holding that cutie!! She's going to be grown up by the time I see her next. I mean it will be a year until you move to TEXAS!! I know wishful thinking.

Oh yeah I commented on your comment on my blog-is there a way to send you the response from the blog????

Your kids are so lucky to have you. Your such an amazing mom.
Love ya!

Shannon said...

Way cute pictures of your kids. Way to go Bill on choosing cute girl clothes.