Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Surprise!

I just looked at the title and if I were reading this I would think that it was a baby announcement - NOT SO! We are not having another baby. Nope, this surprise was a party!


On Friday, Stephanie and Amy asked me to go out a get a pedicure with them. So at 6:00, they came and picked me up, and we went to get our feet done. I had never had a pedicure before because I had always been afraid that it would tickle. But I LOVED it! We talked and laughed and had a great time. Then I was all worried about getting home quick because Steph said that her husband was sick and she needed to hurry home to take care of her family.


So on the way home, Amy and Stephanie said they wanted to come in and see the new bedding Bill and I bought for our room. So we came in the house and I was trying to show them the bedding in the living room while Bill kept hollering for me to come in the family room. So I finally went into the family room and there were a bunch of people in there for a surprise birthday party. I WAS SHOCKED! I usually hate being the center of attention, but this was so much fun!


I got to talk to a bunch of friends from our ward that came and Bill's parents came, my sister Brooke came, my brother Jordan and his girlfriend Ashley came, and our good buddy Sara came. We laughed, talked and played games. People even brought gifts - stinkers! I would have loved just a get-together. I just have the most thoughtful friends around.


So, thank you so much to Amy, Stephanie, and Katherine for helping. Bill said you all helped him pull this together. He said that he had to call all of you to help him pull this off. Amy, thank you for doing the invitations. What a pain! You are all so sweet to take time for me, and I LOVE you all! I really appreciate it. (And thank you for the darling gifts you brought as well - again, you stinkers! I LOVED them. You know me well!)


Tanya brought a gift that was pretty fun...Bill liked it! :) Tanya is great! Hehehe! I wish I had pics of all the gifts. They were darling! Steph did a whole basket of "my favorites" and Katherine made me a patriotic stitchery. I got some patriotic candles from Erica, another yummy smelling candle from Rena, a gift set to do my own pedicures from April, a picture to hang on my wall from Sara, a gift pack of cards, post-its, pens, and other goodies from Lea and Eve, a sand art cookie mix (MMMMMM) also from Eve and Lea, and a few other goodies. What great friends I have! I really don't know what to say. I was floored by people's thoughtfulness.


And most of all...Thank you Honey for putting together a party. You really went out of your way to make sure that turning 30 was fun for me. And it was successful. You are so thoughtful and I had so much fun. I felt like I had a week of birthday, not just one day. I am speechless and don't know the right words to express my gratitude. But thank you! Now we will just see if I can top this when you turn 30! I love you and appreciate you so much. You made last week wonderful!


4 comments:

Katherine said...

I'm glad you had a good time. You deserve it!

Larsens said...

Here's to your next 30 years!
Looks and sounds like a blast of a party!

Candace said...

Hilary!
I'm so glad you found me! I was snooping also and had found yours but hadn't gotten around to leaving a comment yet! So I too will add you to my list! Your blog is darling and you have the cutest family!

Blackeyedsue said...

You deserved a week full of birthdays. You do so much for people that it is a drop in the bucket compared to what you give!

Happy birthday! You can take comfort that I will always be older than you!

BTW...Your kitchen is HAWT!!!