Friday, July 25, 2008

It's So Much Fun When Grandma Comes..

When Grandma comes, Hurray!...

My dad's mom has been in town visiting at my parents' house this past week. It is always so much fun to see her. Since she was in town, my parents were nice enough to host a BBQ with a bunch of us on Sunday...

I LOVE my dad's family. They have always been so sweet to me and my little family and it is fun to see my little girls go crazy over my uncles that I adored as a kid.


This is Rylee and Lana attacking my uncle, Bill, as soon as we walked in the door. When I was a kid he used to always call my sister and I little frogs, and it is fun to see him tease my girls in the same way. They LOVE him! Look how sweet my grandma is. I love the way that she just eats up watching family interact and enjoy each other.


I tried to get my grandma in a picture with all of my kids but I only succeeded to get the girls in there with her. I love this picture though. My girls loved seeing Great Grandma again.

And this would be why I couldn't get Hayden in a picture. He wanted to play outside with Brielle the whole time. When these two are together, we seriously don't hear from them. They are just gone having a fun time together.


What a bunch! And this isn't even everyone who was there - these are the only obedient ones who followed my demands to get in the picture.:) It is fun to see my dad and his two brothers in the picture. My uncle, Bryan, is the other one that my girls ADORE! Lana will snuggle him until we make her leave him alone. It is adorable! I love this picture - a whole bunch of aunts, uncles, cousins, my parents, and my grandma (and Kate).

I LOVE this picture. My grandma just loved Kate. It was so sweet to see how much she loves each one of the grand kids and great grand kids. She is wonderful around them, and it was so fun to talk to her for a while at my parents' house. (Thank you again, mom and dad, for hosting the BBQ! It was so much fun.)
Unfortunately my grandma left today to go home, but I told her that we want her to stay with us next time (if she dares stay with our three ring circus!) We love her and I love that my kids love to see her. They have already colored pictures that they want to mail to her. So sweet.
We love you, Grandma! Come again soon! We miss you!

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Your Grandma is SO PRETTY. She looks so young (and your mom). I can see where you get your Good Looks from. Yes that picture of her with Kate is PRICELESS.....YOU'll have to frame that one.

Thanks for sharing this. What a beautiful family you have.

Ashley said...

Awww... everyone looks like they are having so much fun. I miss everyone so much. Grandma looks so skinny! It is so cute how loving she is to the great-grandkids. We are so lucky to have fun aunts and uncles. Its funny how you mentioned that Bill used to call you all frogs... he did that to us too! How funny! I love how the tradition is still going strong!
Its good to see the fam!! Thanks for posting this. It brought a smile to my face and brightened my day!

Katherine said...

I love great grandma get-togethers.

We used to have them all the time with Mike's grandma. I especially loved the one on one times she would spend with my little girls. (I miss her soo much).

I'm glad you had a good time while she was visiting.

Andrea said...

Great-grandma looks young, I agree!?! Wow. I love the big family picture also-worth keeping!

I love big get togethers with family, especially when you have extra hands to handle kids!