Monday, July 28, 2008

Etiquette From Four Year Olds

Yep, I have learned a thing or two from these two goobers today.

This morning, Peter Pan was on for the thousandth time in a row (Hayden's current favorite) and it was the beginning when Peter Pan flies into the bedroom. Lana sees this part and says, "That's wude. He should knock before he comes into their house. It's not nice to just come in like that." She is so funny.

It was just a couple of weeks ago when we were watching Madagascar and the part where they sing "Happy Birthday To You..You look like a monkey, and you smell like one too." Lana heard this, and we are all chuckling over the lyrics and she says, "That's wude." Apparently it isn't funny to sing the monkey version of the song. Hehehe.

So, today, as Lana and Tess are playing they are dancing to the Wiggles. I start singing the lyrics the wrong way (like I always do - hey a mom's gotta spice things up once in a while.)
Instead of singing "Do, do the move they call the Wiggle Grove," I sang, "Do, do the move they call the Wiggle poo." But this time it was Tess that corrected me. She said, "Hilary, please don't talk potty talk." Oops. Steph, will you ever let your kids play over here again???

These girls are so funny. They are trying so hard to have perfect manners at their sweet age and to do everything the right way. I catch Lana and Tess telling their big sisters to "stop and look both ways" before they cross the street. They are SO SWEET!

And I guess I have been put in my place today by a couple of four year old kiddos. I guess I better control my potty talk. (Hey, give me some credit. I may have bad manners, but I can spell! I spelled "etiquette" right without the dictionary!)

8 comments:

Tai said...

Don't you love it when kids put you in your place, its like whoops!! Glad I am teaching you manners and I don't have any myself. Those are hilarious comments.

Katherine said...

That is too funny! Those girls are so cute together. Harrisen could learn a thing or two from them, he is such a boy!

Chris, Deb and the Ava Jayne said...

that is beyond adorable. I hope Ava turns out that awesome.

Andrea said...

It's funny when kids are the "rule enforcers", but the rules don't always apply to them....hmmm.

You are a brave momma for watching the "Wiggles"-I have avoided that show...it has a "Barney" similarity to it...and I had to endure the Barney era already :).

Blackeyedsue said...

Um. Sorry.

I obviously haven't taught her when it's good to bite her tongue.

Can we still be friends. ;)

Larsens said...

So awesome! And then they become teenagers, and you can unleash your potty talk again.

Shannon said...

That's funny! Thanks for keeping your blog updated. I love to read it and catch up on your family and other families in our old neighborhood. We miss everything about our old area and are trying really hard to adjust to living up here.

Jenn said...

Yeah Hilary...control your potty talk.

So cute!