Friday, January 25, 2008

50 Random Things...

Okay, so here are fifty little random things about my family and I. We are quite the bunch:

1. I have all the kids (except for Kate - but only because she isn't old enough yet) converted to my favorite breakfast: Toast and chocolate milk. I've eaten it for years and love it. Don't know why, I just do.

2. Our last two kids were definitely not planned.

3. We wouldn't send either one back!!!

4. We are doing everything possible to prevent more surprises.

5. We lived in Texas for a year, and loved it.

6. We hated the cockroaches though. Yuck!

7. I hate pecan pie because I think the pecans look like a bunch of roaches. (I am scarred for life!)

8. Bill is 1/4 Irish, so I have had to learn to embrace St. Patrick's Day - a holiday I used to HATE!

9. When Bill and I watch a movie, we love to eat popcorn with Junior Mints dumped in it. YUMMY!

10. My family all loves to play the game "Would You Rather..."

11. We have home-made cookies in our house at least twice a week.

12. But we have cold cereal for dinner at least twice a week too. (Where are my priorities?)

13. Rylee thinks the word "Mississippi" is spelled: "M-R-S-Period-S-I-P-P-I."

14. Lana thinks the restaurant Red Robin is really "Wed Wobin Hood."

15. Hayden's favorite song is "Barbie Girl."

16. That makes Bill so proud. Yeah right! He just says Hayden thinks Barbie is hot.

17. Bill and I love to play "Dance Dance Revolution" or play racquetball together.

18. We haven't done either one in almost two years because it seems like I have been either pregnant or constantly nursing the past two years.

19. I will make sure we do one or both in the next two weeks. YEAH!

20. I hate grocery shopping.

21. So Bill does it - what a sweetheart.

22. And he usually takes a kid or two with him.

23. He is Superman!

24. Rylee loves Spongebob.

25. Lana loves Lazy Town.

26. Hayden loves anything Elmo.

27. Kate loves people to talk to her.

28. The first movie Bill and I saw together was "Titanic."

29. I can't stand that movie any more ever since I had kids. Way too sad.

30. I love to let the kids have late nights and make a big tent with blankets over the t.v. so they can sit inside and watch a movie.

31. Bill and I want to take ballroom dance classes together this year.

32. I love it when the kids start laughing uncontrollably during family prayer.

33. I love office supply stores. I'm sick.

34. My brother-in-law is a dentist.

35. I still hate going to the dentist.

36. I hate hearts on jewelry.

37. When I was a kid, my nickname was "Wee-wee" because my little brother couldn't say "Hilary."

38. The name fits. I have a small bladder.

39. Bill's nickname as a kid was "Poodgie."

40. He is going to shoot me for revealing that one.

41. Bill and I like to write funny little poems together. I will post the one we wrote to introduce our family in church on a later post.

42. My biggest pet peeve: When I have just cleaned a bathroom and someone goes and pees or poops in there. What is it about a clean bathroom that makes a kid have to go?

43. Someday I want to go to Australia and hold a baby Koala bear.

44. My girls love to sleep on an air mattress in the family room sometimes on the weekends.

45. The kids don't think it is a real birthday party unless there is a pinata.

46. We are all sick of the snow.

47. We all love the Cinnamon Burst bread from Great Harvest.

48. Whenever I take the time to paint my girls' nails, they have it picked off in an hour or less.

49. I hate dressers.

50. My kids all have Rubbermaid drawers in their closets instead of dressers.

Hope you enjoyed our silly little family secrets!!!

5 comments:

Heidi said...

I love it! By the way, I don't paint my girls nails either. It always turns into a HUGE mess!

Andrea said...

So fun to read! I LOVE office supply stores also! Just thinking about them makes me happy-so many colors, pens, papers,gadgets...

About the pet peeve thing-it is so frustrating when they encounter a clean bathroom and they-don't-flush!! Eww. I think I am starting a "quarter per offense" rule.
The first time away from my oldest (2 months at the time)-my husband and I saw "Titanic". I wanted to run home and hug her.

Amy said...

What a cute family! It looks like you all really enjoy being together.

I love late nights! I like that you build a tent aroung the tv. We will have to try that.

(Paella boy paints my girl's nails.)

Blackeyedsue said...

I think I knew everything on there except for the "Titanic" part. DH and I had been married six months when it came out and we sat in line with our friends for four hours so we could get the seats we wanted.

I just don't paint my girls nails...not very often at least.

Larsens said...

I'm glad that I didn't see something like: "When I vacuum, I don't let anybody in the living room for an hour, so I can see the vacuum lines on the carpet". OR, "When I vacuum, I don't want to see the lines, so I have a carpet rake and rake them off".
Yes, two stories from two of my friends. I think that's nuts.
I liked the list. Very informative about you and your family. Have to keep some of it in mind, like Poodgie.