Saturday, January 5, 2008

Funnies

I thought I would share some things that have made us laugh in the past day:

Last night, we gave Kate her first try at the Gerber Puffs. We even gave her the kind our other kids have loved - the strawberry/banana ones. But as you will see, she may be our first one to dislike them. Do you think Gerber would put her in a commercial for their puffs? Hehehe!

"I've tried strawberry jam and loved it, I've licked fruit snacks and thought those were pretty yummy, I've had some ice cream (thank you Grandma Eccleston) and liked it. So more new food must be good."


"I'll just let this roll around in my mouth for a minute or two and see what I think about it. Hmmmm."





She kind of doesn't like it...






Okay, she officially hates it!






"Dad, what is this crap you are making me eat and why do you just sit there and grin at me?"


Then, this morning I was taking a bath with Kate because it is just easier that way. Now I don't understand why that means it is "family gathering time" but for some reason it does. So as I was in the bath with Kate, the other two girls were sitting on the side of the tub with their feet in the water. We always have interesting conversations during these times. Today it was about "Benchtables" as Lana calls them. Translation: vegetables. She said, "Mom, guess what's my favorite kind of benchtables?" This was a question I had never really pondered before because Lana doesn't like to come anywhere near any vegetables. So, I started down the list of the "normal" vegetables. I said, "Is it carrots, corn, peas, potatoes, broccoli, cucumbers, beans?" As soon as I said beans, she said, "Yup, I love beans...Jelly Beans." Figures. I should have known. A mom can always hope her three-year-old will be excited about benchtables.

3 comments:

Blackeyedsue said...

I had to look closely to the first picture. It almost looks like a tooth! But I knew she didn't have any yet so a puff it was.

I love your kids. They crack me up.

Heidi said...

I love those cheeks! There is nothing better than a chubby baby.

Larsens said...

Funny pictures and funny story about Lana. What a smart girl! If a word has a bean in it, it must be a vegetable.
They crack me up.