Tuesday, January 22, 2008

WHY ME? I AM REALLY FLATTERED!

First of all, I am really flattered. Why blackeyedsue nominated me for this little Daily Dose Award, I will never know. I have visited many of the blogs she visits, since I am new to this whole thing and only know a few blogs myself, and she had so many other neat people she could have passed this award on to. I think it is funny that she would give me this award because it isn't like I really need to even look at her blog to know what is going on in her life or visa verse because we are always on the phone. For some silly reason I still look at hers all the time and love it. Maybe it is my sick way of spying on her to see if there is some dirty little secret in her life that she dared not tell me!!! But thank you, Blackeyedsue. You should be the one getting this award from me.




I would love to pass this along to several people but, oh wait, I really don't know that many people yet! (I really am working on this one because I am becoming addicted to this blogging stuff.) So I think I will pass it along to:



Marja: If I ever need a tremendous laugh (which just happens to be a daily thing), I can go to her blog. I absolutely love it! What a fun way to stay in touch with such an amazing woman! I would highly recommend visiting her blog. The whole thing is so funny, smart, and genuine. She is one of the most amazing, funny, and intelligent women I have ever met. That amazing personality really comes through on her blog. I love that she is still so in love with her husband and is an amazing mom to her son (who I really hope one of my daughters can marry someday) and is an awesome, supportive friend. Did I say she is hilarious?! Seriously, love this girl!



This award needs to go to making memories as well. This one is kind of funny. I never really got to know this one until after they moved out of our ward and my daughter was in dance with one of their daughters. But I absolutely love her. I think she is awesome, and I love that her husband likes to blog. He leaves the funniest entries. Their "Pet Peeve" list for 2007 is my favorite. Such a fun sense of humor on that blog. I visit it every day to see if there is another clever little list. They should write for Letterman!


I also think not ha ha funny deserves to have this one. I love her! She is an awesome example of a wife and mom and someone who can definitely find the humor in life's little experiences. Her personality is one that I think would get along with and charm the socks off of anyone. Such a sweet, kind, and fun girl. She is the kind of mom that I would ask advice from on anything. I just admire her and think she is incredible.



****************************************************************************

NEXT ITEM OF BUSINESS.....



I got tagged by blackeyedsue for this writing meme! She is really trying to challenge me, I think. So, here is my little meme thing. (Okay, I am really new to this blog business. Would someone please write me a list of blog terms, etiquette, etc? I am dumb as a dirt fence when it comes to this stuff. I'm trying to learn, but there is a lot more out there than I thought!)


So, I was informed of the "rules" of the meme! Thank you! Because if I had got this thing, I would have had no idea what to do with it other than enjoy your fun list!!! (I loved it, by the way!) So, I guess I will list three things that I believe are necessary to make writing good. (This is in no way coming from an accomplished writer, by the way. It is just things that make reading more enjoyable for me.)


1. HUMOR! I can't stand it when people take themselves and others too serious. I think that is why so many people get so darned offended so fast. They have absolutely no sense of humor whatsoever. Sometimes there is nothing else to do but laugh at the things life throws at you. So, let us see your fun side and the things you find humor in!


2. On the other hand, feel free to share when you have a crappy day. Don't be fake. I don't like it when people always say everything is great and they seem to be perfect. That makes them unreal and untouchable to me. I keep my distance from people who think they know it all and that is why they are always so very happy. Come on, we all have a gripe once in a while. So GRIPE ABOUT IT, have your pity party, and then laugh at it later!!!


3. I love when people ask questions or need advice. We all have different life experiences and I love to hear people's responses to questions I ask on my blog. And I love to hear people ask for advice on their blogs. Even if I don't have an answer I like to let people know their concerns are valid and I am thinking about them. I just think questions open up lines of communication pave a road for great friendship development. If you don't ask questions, how do you get to know someone?


Now, for the HUSBAND Meme!!! I love this one!!! If you read all of mine, please consider yourself tagged and do the same on your blog! I love hearing about other people. You don't have to do the same meme, but just let me get to know you better through any meme!


What is his name? His name is William, others call him Bill, I call him "Honey." He knows if I call him by his first name, I am mad at him. So he hates it when I call him anything but Honey.


How long have you been together? We started dating almost 10 years ago. Can't believe it!


How long did you date? We dated for a little over a year, and then were engaged for three-and-a-half months. Hey, I had to talk the guy into marrying me! My powers of persuasion are obviously weak!


How old is he? Dang. I hate this part. He is younger than I am by eight months, which makes him twenty-eight, almost twenty-nine.


Who eats more? He eats more regularly - three meals a day, not much munching in between. I munch all day. If I eat a meal it is a miracle. You know how it is when you have kids? You finally make yourself a meal and someone else wants it even if they have already had their meal.


Who said I love you first? I did. Felt like a moron. He said something like, "That is really nice." I wanted to say, "Okay, I will go crawl in my hole now." He later explained that he didn't really think he had ever been in love, so he didn't know for sure what it was supposed to be like. He thought he loved me, but he didn't want to say it unless he was sure. Still didn't bring back my dignity. Ouch!


Who is taller? He is. I couldn't marry someone shorter.


Who is smarter? Definitely him.


Who does laundry? I do most of it, but he knows how much I despise it and he has really been trying to help me with it the last week. (See, I noticed Honey! And if I haven't thanked you yet, thank you!)


Who does the dishes? Usually I do. He would do them after dinner, but I would rather do them and have him get the kids in the bath. Even dishes are a break if I don't have the kids whining at my feet!


Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? He does.


Who pays the bills? He does.


Who mows the lawn? Again, last summer, I did most of the time. It was my break. I couldn't hear kids whine since the lawnmower was running and I got outside. Being stuck in the house after he is home from work for a longer period of time made me nuts. So I tried to do it while he was at work so we could enjoy our time together after he got off work. It worked pretty nice.


Who cooks dinner? I do.


Who drives when you are together? He does.


Who is more stubborn? Definitely me!!! That quality in me drives him nuts! (Not in a good way)


Who kissed who first? He kissed me on the cheek, then that night on the classic doorstep scene, it just happened. But I think he instigated it. Loved it! Best first kiss ever!


Who asked out who first? I think we just kind of decided to hang out. No official asking out was done.


Who proposed? He did. He even proposed on his birthday! What a sweetheart!


Who has more siblings? I do. Two sisters, two brothers. He has two brothers.


Who wears the pants in the family? I guess we both do. Some things I do, some things he does. We each kind of make decisions for certain things and neither one of us really tells the other one what we can or can't do. I think I am lucky in the remote control department. He usually lets me pick what we watch. Love it! But if there is a game on that I know he wants to watch, I watch it with him. But I am usually still in control! Hehehe!


How did you meet? We met at Albertsons. We both worked there. I was "waiting" for a missionary, and we just started talking. We eventually started hanging out and one thing lead to another, and the next thing you know I was "Dear Johning" my missionary and telling Bill I loved him and crawling in a hole. Hehehe. Just kidding. It was great. I'm telling you, Albertsons should be nicknamed the Love Mart! We knew so many people who met their spouses there, including our current bishop.


Looking back, I definitely am glad I ended up with Bill. He puts up with more from me than any other guy I ever dated would and he knows how to look past my moodiness and love me through anything. I don't know that I have seen such an unconditional love in anyone else ever. He is amazing. He knows how to love so well, and I am so lucky he is mine and that my kids have such an amazing dad. He is the solid one in our family and many days my only sanity. I still get all giddy when he wants to take me on a date and hold my hand. He still loves to hug and kiss me and snuggle on the couch after all these years, and I love it! He always wants to make me happy and is constantly trying to figure me out so he can make me as happy as possible. What a great guy! I still think he could do better, but I am glad he chose me.


Hopefully, I didn't bore you all to death. I would love to hear more things like this about you.......So, let's hear it! I will be looking forward to it!

4 comments:

Larsens said...

Things I never knew about you like where you met and stuff. Thanks for sharing but don't expect me to do anything like it. That was a wonderful entry.

Heidi said...

How fun to know a little more about you!. Now give me the blog etiquette. Is this something I pass along? You are becoming quite the blogger and I really enjoy seeing your posts.

Bilary said...

Heidi,

Yep, you can pass this along. I had to ask for help on that one. I am quite dumb when it comes to this technology stuff. That is why I asked someone to explain a bunch of blog etiquette to me. AAAHHH. Brain overload!

Jenn said...

Your so awesome Hil. I'm so glad your my friend.