Thursday, January 31, 2008

Sisterly Love




My girls are the best of friends and sometimes the worst of enemies. You know how sisters are. Bath or shower time seems to really bring that out. Either they laugh like crazy in the bath or we have two little cats in there fighting.


To backtrack a little and tell a funny little story:

One night they were taking a bath and apparently I haven't taught Lana all of the body parts yet. (No, this isn't going anywhere icky.) Rylee was washing her hair and had a little bit of soap on her forehead. Lana proceeds to say, "Uh, Wylee (This is how she pronounces Rylee), ya got a little bit of soap on your chinhead." Hehehe! I love it! She didn't know the correct word for forehead. We have laughed at that one for a long time now, and I don't know if we will ever call a forehead it's correct name again.


So, now they have moved on to showers. Lana loves to shower with Rylee. The other night as they were getting in the shower, Lana said, "Wylee, you are my big helper in the shower because you wash my hair for me." I love it! Sweet girls. Lana looks up to Rylee so much and wants to be her little shadow, much to Rylee's dismay sometimes. You know when you just want to be alone sometimes? So this leads me to last night's conversation:


Rylee wanted to take a shower by herself so she asked me, "Mom, can I go take a S-H?" Yep, she started to spell it, but didn't finish because she knew that I would know what she was talking about, but Lana wouldn't. But she didn't realize that my sick little mind (and my husband's too) automatically went to the OTHER "S-H" word. Sweetie, you know you don't have to ask if you can go take a "S-H." Oh, good times with kids!


I love having these kids. They are a constant source of entertainment. It is fun to see how much they love each other and yet still want their space. It brings back the same feelings I had as a kid with two younger sisters and two younger brothers. Wasn't that just yesterday? Oh wait, nope, I'll remind myself yet again that I turn thirty this year. Great.

7 comments:

Blackeyedsue said...

I am CRACKING UP! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the "Can I go take a S-H?"!!! Your girls are breathtaking. Absolutely beautiful. Just like their mom!

Larsens said...

Look at your girls! They are so beautiful, but you already knew that. Those kids are the constant source of entertainment.
Weekend update: 3 days until Super Bowl. Get that oven hot and ready. We are coming over!

Andrea said...

Beauuuuuutiful girls! I love red-heads-they are so spirited! I always wished I had a sister for those moments :), but noooo, I had the younger brother.

Amy said...

WOW! What a great picture. Your girls are beautiful!

It is always fun to have your best friend living at home with you, then you always have someone to play with.

Blackeyedsue said...

Hilary, I am just showing Shannon how to leave a comment. Have fun on your date!!!

Shannon said...

Hi Hilary You are amazing!

Heidi said...

I LOVE having girls that have so much fun with each other. These ages are so stinking fun. I love the learning to spell things so younger siblings don't know what they are talking about. Such a feeling of older kidness!