Saturday, January 26, 2008

Who Did It?

I really want to know...WHO DID IT?

Who prayed for more snow? Have we not had enough already this year? And now there is more to come tomorrow and Monday. It is never going to end!!!

I am grateful for the moisture. Heaven knows I hate a drought situation. But why can't it just stay in the mountains for people who actually like it to go skiing on?

I don't ski. I did a few times before I was married. It's fun. But now I am too afraid that I will hit a tree and die and orphan my kids or something. I can be a klutz like that.

I don't like to drive in the stuff, and I certainly hate worrying about my husband commuting in it. I wish we lived in a place where everything shut down at the slightest skiff of snow. Think how many days off my kids and husband would have had so far this winter. What fun - we could get out the games, blankets, and hot chocolate and just stay inside. But no such luck. Utah doesn't shut anything down unless the snow is so deep it knocks down the power poles. Oh, frustrating. And don't get me started on the kids standing outside in line before school in the crud. That is another story for another day.

But, really, whoever (or whomever - whatever the correct term is) is praying for all this. I beg you to PLEASE STOP! Not only am I sick of it, but my son is distraught because our blow-up Frosty in the front yard has been buried for a month. He is very concerned and misses his buddy.

If that dang groundhog sees his shadow next week, I swear I will fly to Pennsylvania and shoot him!

Have a nice winter (that seems like it will never end)!

3 comments:

Blackeyedsue said...

WaHOOOOOO! I don't know who peed in your Cheerios but I am GLAD they did!!! ;)

No freaking kidding. I won't get you started on kids standing outside in the snow...because we will probably gritch about it on the phone in the morning when we are both supposed to be in church.

I'm telling you, we are living in "The Day After Tomorrow".

And I think I am getting "SAD".

Andrea said...

Is it deep? Like "North Dakota Deep"? I have heard horror stories about snow as deep as houses?!? I think Houston is definitely for you. I recall it snowing just a few times during my entire childhood.
Have a better day! Maybe curl up with a blanket and a book :)

Larsens said...

DITTO!
So sick of it. I got a call from my friend Kristine last night. She lives in Spokane, WA and she told me that they got 17" of snow yesterday. Their church was canceled.