Monday, February 4, 2008

What The Heck?

Seriously, what the heck!? I must be the worst mother in the entire world...

On Friday I was talking to Bill on the phone and Kate kept feeling her lower gums with her tongue. I thought she was just being silly, and so I thought I was being pretty funny too when I said, "Kate, do you have teeth in there or something?"

I stuck my finger in her mouth just out of curiosity, and she has her two bottom teeth! How dare she?! My other kids didn't even start getting teeth until about their first birthday. How could I have missed this one? I AM nursing after all. You would think I would have figured it out from that. But, nope, I am completely oblivious. And her teeth aren't just starting to come through a little bit. No, they are completely through! I feel like such a dumb mom! That does explain the butt rash for the last few weeks though.

I just can't believe it! But the funniest part of that was what Lana said. After she felt Kate's teeth she said, "Can we feed her M&M's and stuff now?" She loves her baby sister and just wants her to have the good food! I love it!


WHAT! I HAVE TWO TEETH!!!


I AM SO HAPPY ABOUT THAT! AND PROUD!


IT MAKES ME BUST A GUT TO MAKE
MY MOM FEEL LIKE AN IDIOT!!!

6 comments:

Larsens said...

THat's too funny, Hil. That was the exact moment I quit nursing, when Alex got his teeth and bit me. He was 7 months old.
It was a good party last night. We had such a good time. You people crack me up! And you know I can't blog about the discussion we had about the food.

Amy said...

Hey! I did not notice when my fourth baby got his teeth. I remember feeling the same way you do. How could we miss teeth when nursing?

M&M's are the best candy ever.

Heidi said...

I quit nursing Addie when she drew blood at 9 months. Enough was enough!! Congratulations on a silent teether! Enjoy it.

Blackeyedsue said...

You are not the worst mother in the entire world. I have it on good authority that you feed and bathe and hug your kids. While you were busy seeing to the needs of EVERYONE IN THE ENTIRE WORLD, those teeth popped through. She was just trying to help you along. She knew you needed one less thing to worry about.

((((HUGS))))

And I feel so special to have been told about the conversation that shall not be named. HA!

Jenn said...

WHAT A CUTIE! i just want to kiss those cute little cheeks!And I love the gorgeous picture of Lana and Rylee!

And that is WONDERFUL that you can't feel her teeth! This is really a GOOD thing you didn't notice.

Andrea said...

I am sure that you were busy taking care of...kids, house, family, finances, Dh, yourself, etc...when those teeth crept up on you. The rash sortn of clues me in, but then I get the guilt-maybe I need to change more often and not wait until it drops off ;). Logan had those first teeth at 7 months and has bit me quite often since. He doesn't drink much from a cup though, so he has me there. Good luck and take pictures! She will never look the same again.