Friday, February 8, 2008

Birthdays!

I have been so busy that I didn't out together a little tribute to Rylee, who turned seven last month. This time of year is so busy for us. Bill and three of our kids all have brithdays within about six weeks of each other. So I will lump Rylee and Hayden's birthdays together, and then lump Bill and Lana's together in a couple of weeks. So, here goes:


HAPPY #7 RYLEE
I can't believe that my oldest is already seven. Where has the time gone? I feel so old. She is the one who has been nicknamed Rylee Smiley, and it fits. She is such a sweetheart and has been a good girl ever since she was born. She is the kind that we look forward to hearing what her teachers say at parent-teacher conferences because it is always so positive. She tries so hard to be a big helper and is so loving to her brother and sisters.

My favorite quality in Rylee: Definitely her sense of humor. She thinks everything is hilarious! The littlest thing can send her into the biggest laughing fit. I love it! You know the kind of person you love to watch a movie with because they laugh so hard? Well, that is her. She definitely helps me see humor in things.

Another great quality: She isn't afraid to be the nice one at school even if it makes her uncool herself. I sure hope that quality sticks. She can't handle seeing others lonely or hurting. If I ever have a bad day, she colors me pictures or brings me treats to make me feel better. What a sweet girl.

A fun talent she has: The girl can draw! Ask her to draw anything from Spongebob and she can. I love her version of Squidward. That one is my favorite. She is very creative and would draw all day if she could.

There are so many fun things I could list about Rylee, but I will save some of them for other posts. I love this kid. She is such a light in our family.


Brighteyed Rylee. She woke up so early because she was so excited for her birthday. You would have thought it was Christmas or something. Can you tell it was early? Her little cheeks are still rosy from sleeping.

Huff and Puff Rylee!!! But please don't spit on the cake!!!


Yummy! Licking the frosting off of the candles is so fun! Rylee loved having so many fun people come celebrate her birthday with her. In this picture you can see her Grandma Eccleston as well as her best buddy helping her lick frosting!


And next...



HAPPY #2 HAYDEN!!!
Now, for the Hayden Buddy! (That is what he is always called. I don't know if he will ever be anything to us other than Hayden Buddy.) He just turned two yesterday! He has been such a good boy for us. I think he was born smiling. What a contageous smile he has. It is hard to believe that I wasn't excited to have a boy. He has been a riot! There is just something special about a sweet boy. Here are some of my favorites:

Hayden is such a giggler. He loves it when we are just silly. He goes to bed laughing almost every night just because he constantly giggles. And you can just pull a funny face at him and he will go nuts. I love the kid. So easy-going!

I love that he always wants to have at least two binkies with him. Funny boy! I know I should really break him of this habit, but I find it so endearing. I will do it soon, just give me a little longer!

He has picked up on some definite boy stuff. For instance, I was cleaning the bathrooms on Monday and he wanted to help. So he swished the toilet with the toilet brush for a minute then squealed, "I did it...YAY!" It was so cute. Normally at this point he would give me a five, but this time when I tried to get him to he said, "No, knucks!" It took me a minute to realize what he was talking about. But my brother-in-law taught him how to give "knucks" (you know - like what Howie Mandell does on Deal or No Deal because he hates to shake hands). It is hilarious. Now the kid asks for "knucks" all day. I love it!

He is also such a tease. I love when he does anything he can to just get one of us to laugh. He will fold his arms during prayers and then giggle just a little to try to make someone laugh, or do something else silly. I love that!

Again, there are so many things we love about him. But if I tell them all now, what do I write about later? We love you, buddy!




Oh, yeah! A remote control car! Hayden loves to open presents. He still rips the paper off just a little bit at a time. That's okay; it makes the fun last longer!



Does this look like four kids ready to pounce or what? Lana and her best little buddy down the street look like they had something put in their snack at pre-school. Maybe they are just partied out!



Look at that smile. The whole "birthday party hastle" is worth this picture right here! I love it!


Oh, let's see...Can I get this bite in my mouth before the ice cream drops off of the bottom of my spoon? It is certainly worth a try!


We are so lucky to have such fun and unique kids. We love all of their little traits they come with (yes, even the not-so-fun ones) and wish sometimes they just wouldn't grow up so fast:( I guess all we can do is enjoy them, and we sure try to!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

How much fun. I love your tributes to your kids. They are such unique little people. I want to see Rylee's version of Squidward. Pictures please!

Amy said...

Wow! You have a lot of birthdays at the same time. That must be a lot of work for you.

Your kids are so cute! I love the smiling picture of Hayden. What a happy boy.

Larsens said...

Happy Birthday to all of you. That's a lot of partying and making cakes and buying presents. Wow! You are a super mom.

Andrea said...

Wow! I loved reading that. Your kids have such a great and loving mom. We have 7 birthdays to celebrate between the end of August and the end of February,so I hear ya on the b-day chaos. We have just one more left before we can take a 6-month break.

I love the age of two-the unconditional love is so amazing of little people.

Thanks for your comments-you remind me of my friend Dee, who lives in Virginia?(wait, or somewhere near D.C.). She has 4 kids and is soooo patient with them-it is amazing. She is the PTA mom, church mom, etc-and she always looks fabulous :)