Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Our Love Day Pictures

I am normally kind of a Valentine's Day scrooge. That has had to change since I have had kids. Now I have to do fun things for them. So here are our Valentine's Day adventures:

When Rylee got home from school she saw that Bill had given me roses and she said, "I wish someone would do something nice for me." Pout, pout, pout. Poor picked on girl. I replied, "Well, you haven't even been in your room yet, have you." The little stinker.

So, she went down the hall into her room and found that "someone" had done something nice for her, and she got the biggest grin on her face. Kind of an "eat crow - embarrassed" kind of grin. She saw that I had "heart attacked" their walls with a ton of things I love about them and had put Valentine's Day jammies with a treat and Valentine card on their bed - all in the middle of a bunch of pink and red balloons.

So this is the first picture.

The girls on their bed with their new Valentine P.J.'s on. The stinkers!!!


Then, every year I make the same cake so that it looks like a valentine for the kids. This is the top view...

And here is the side view of the lovely cake. I know, it isn't professional, but the kids like it.


This is Kate as she was sitting on my bed with me the evening of Valentine's Day. I love just sitting with her and playing with her.

Can you feel the love? I love a snuggly baby in new jammies. Have I mentioned she is a fun baby!?


Bill (in his sexy shirt) getting ready to put Hayden in his bed. They were reading all of the hearts that I put on his door for his little "heart attack." Hayden is obviously so interested. Feelin' the love again!
I know there are no pictures of Bill and I together, but you know how it is with four kids?! I have decided that Valentine's Day is more for kids and our anniversary can be about Bill and I. Either way, happy Valentine's Day!! (Okay, it is late, but it's the thought that counts!)

6 comments:

Blackeyedsue said...

I have tried to leave this comment three times! Stinking blogger! If it doesn't let me this time I am just going to CALL you and tell you my comment. I would do that anyways you know!

Lana is CRACKING me UP in that picture!!! What is it with 3-year olds??? You look gorgeous! The cake turned out cute. Your WHOLE family is BEAUTIFUL!!!

It looked like a fun day you old scrooge! :) ;)

Andrea said...

Such sweet pics! I love seeing them. It looks like you had fun-good 4 u! I really like V-Day, but DH's mom was in fatal car accident on that day when he was 18 months old :(, so I never know how much to celebrate the day. Oddly, he has never mentioned it, and it's hard to ask.

I am waiting for DH to load my valentine's pics. i haven't found the port on the computer yet. On the bedtime comments-I like that you want them to have happy thought right before bedtime. I will try and keep that in mind when I get grumpy and impatient. I know sometimes they are sad when they go to bed because I was frustrated-it makes me sad to think about it.

Amy said...

I love the pjs for your kids, what a great idea.

The cake looks great. You must be a wonderful cook.

Larsens said...

What a great and creative mom you are, Hil! Those kids are so lucky to have you. The cake is gorgeous. What else can we expect from you but beautiful creations all around.
Jammies are cute, and finally we got to see you in the pictures.

Kris said...

Bugs has those same jammies as Lana! I love the cake and your kids are adorable - getting so big!

Heidi said...

I love your cake and jams! Oh yeah, the kids too :) I too love three year olds as Addie is adding a p to just about every lette1r I type.