Monday, February 11, 2008

It's Monday - AGAIN!

Yep, it's Monday...AGAIN. I love Mondays. There isn't a better day. I love cleaning my house while the kids trash all of the rooms I'm not cleaning at the time. I love not taking a shower until 4 or 5 o'clock in the afternoon because my whole day is spent cleaning and then cleaning again so the house looks like I have cleaned it when Bill gets home. I really, really love Mondays....WHATEVER!!!

If I live in a circus tent, aren't those dirty by definition because of all of the little "circus animals" running around in it? Besides cleaning up poop, am I really obligated to keep the tent clean? I'm looking for any excuse here.

Okay, even if that was a good excuse I couldn't let my house be disgusting because it would drive me crazy. I think I definitely have a major case of O.C.D. when it comes to that.

But as I was cleaning today, and I must admit almost every Monday, this little song comes into my head. It was a song I heard on the radio years ago and since it is a catchy little tune, it has stuck. It isn't a positive song, so if you don't want negativity about Mondays permanently engrained in your head I suggest you stop reading right now because I promise it will stick! Last chance...

Okay, you must hate Mondays like I do. The song is to the tune of the "Mickey Mouse Club March" song. You know the one where they spell Mickey's name. Only this song says, "M-O-N-D-A-Y S-U-C-K-S. Monday sucks, Monday sucks...." I have tried to change the second word to something else, but the obly five letter words I can come up with are negative ones. I have "Monday blows, Monday bites..." You get the gist. The only other five letter word I came up with that was positive was "Monday rocks", but that is just pushing it too far. Monday definitely does NOT rock. So you come up with your own song.

But for now I will stick with "Monday Sucks" and try to change my thinking a little bit. You know - the whole "If life gives you lemons, make lemonade" theory. Again, nothing fun about Mondays. So here is the best I can do.

My whole family is addicted to the comedian Brian Regan. He is hilarious. Good, clean, non-inuendoized (I know that isn't a word, but it fit and it's Monday, so don't mess with me) humor. If you haven't seen him or heard any of his stuff, I would highly reccommend it. He is, as my dad would say, "Funnier than a one-legged man in a butt kickin' contest." So click on the link below to see a clip and then if you like him check out some of his other stuff.

That is the best I can do to help Monday improve. I just need a laugh, and hopefully this will help you laugh too. If not, well, make your own dang lemonade!


5 comments:

Blackeyedsue said...

I get you on the "Mondays SUCK!" Dang neruosis passed down from my mother. If it's not one thing it's my mother. (wink wink)

All I can say is THANK YOU for introducing me to his comedy. I listen to it EVERY time I am on the computer. And according to SOMEONE that is all the freakin' time.

Grrr. I hate Mondays

Bilary said...

I think you better not make "you-know-who" a liar. Spend more time writing more blogs! I would enjoy it! Then you could consider it a service project because you will be keeping me out of the nut house.

P.S. Are Tuesdays any better? I think not!

Andrea said...

Mondays are always those days made for Sisyphus-you know, the rock-pushing guy who pushed it up the hill, only to fall down (and crunch his toe, I am sure). Yay! Only 15 minutes until Tuesday!

Heidi said...

I'm with you!! Monday sucks, bites and blows!

Larsens said...

I actually love Mondays, really, truly! I love waking up on Monday mornings, hopefully early, so I can enjoy the solitude of the whole idea. I actually love any day of the week, as long as I get to wake up early and catch the first rays of the morning.

And that, my friends, was the biggest lie BUT I'm trying to work on being positive. It looks good when I read it again. It almost makes me believe that I really do love Mondays and waking up early.