Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Rubbermaids for Rubbermaids

I have Rubbermaids (or Sterilites) EVERYWHERE in my house. A small sampling:


This is my medicine cabinet. I have the kids' medicine in one container, adult medicine in another container, first aid stuff in another one, and a stash of candle crap and baby bibs in another one.

This is part of the pantry. More Rubbermaid organization. I just didn't show you the corner of the pantry where the candy stash is. Ever since Valentine's Day, that corner has exploded. I need to just throw it all away. But you get the idea.

This is in my girls' closet. See...I even have Rubbermaids in Rubbermaids. Go figure. Marketing genius, I tell you. Non-divided drawers. Then people have to buy more Rubbermaids to keep the drawers organized. Socks in one container, underwear and tights in another. Shoes on top in two more containers. Jammies in the bottom drawer. Great system.

I even have our DVD's in one. That way I can turn the whole thing so the drawers face the wall so my little munchkin-DVD-destroyer-son can't get into them. This system may have to change soon though. His big sister takes pity on him and helps him turn the dang thing now. I just hope he ruins one of HER favorite DVD's:) But still, DVD organization.


So what do I do with this mess? I need to "Rubbermaid" all of my Rubbermaids. On the weekends it looks even worse than this because my husband takes some to work for his lunches during the week. But on the weekend, we have to throw them in there and shut the cupboard door quick. Again, marketing genius. Ugh.


7 comments:

Larsens said...

You are obsessed! But everything is so nicely organized. I'm jealous.

Jenn said...

I love it!! I bet you always know where everything is...I'm a little obsessed with containers in general! It sure makes it easier for my kids to clean their room! You go girl!

Shannon said...

Wow! I wish I was as organized as you are. When are we going to have a "get away from everything", lady's night out? I could really use one.

Andrea said...

You are an amazing woman to care for four kids and keep so organized! Will you please come and organize my house? Wait!?! I need closets and storage first...

On your comment-it is very pretty here...but lonely (*sigh*). I miss my friends-and interesting people to meet up with and let our kids play, but I digress....

Amy said...

HOLY CRAP! You are organized and I love it! You have thought of a way to keep everything in its place. You should come organize my kid's toy closet. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey beautiful, this is test.. test.. 1.2.3. Let me know if you can see my comment. I love you.

Blackeyedsue said...

I LOVE IT! I love that we share this obsession. One more reason we are kindred spirits.

On "rubbermaiding your rubbermaids"...I bought a rubbermaid (tee-hee) and put all of the lids in there standing up from the largest in the back and smallest in the front. It makes it easy to grab what I need. Then just stack the bowls nice an neat. Other than that, I don't know if there is a lot you can do! I wish there was a standard on the making of food containers all stackable. There should be a law.

LOVE the drop and loads. It makes life SO much easier!