Saturday, April 12, 2008

Bag Tagged!

I was bag tagged by Jenn! The rules are to take a picture of your purse before you dump it out, and then take a picture of everything that was in your purse and then tag five other people. So here goes:

First of all I had to decide what "Bag" to use. I have two purses and the dreaded diaper bag, which I frequently use as a purse. I decided to use the bag that had my wallet in it. Thankfully that one wasn't the diaper bag. I really am not in the mood to reorganize that thing after I dump it out. And I really don't know what treasures I would find in there.

I love this purse though. Love the shade of blue, love how it feels, love that it has lots of room in it, and just love the general style of it. That is a rare thing, since I HATE purses!


This is the "Before" shot of my purse.


And "After" shot! Okay, for the rundown on what was in my purse:

Very important: Extra gum. Can't go anywhere without it! I hate nasty, dry mouth!

My wallet: Good thing I didn't have to dump out that thing! I have too much crap stuffed in there!

A calculator: You never know when you will need to add something. Yes, I am that pathetic. If you ask me to "Add something up really quick" I will freeze up. Just don't put me on the spot - especially when it comes to math - even basic math!

Clear nail polish: I paint my nails if I am just waiting in a doctor's office and am bored. Then if the wait is super long, I can pick it off too! Weird, I know, but oh well. It is also great if you get an unsightly run in your nylons. It temporarily stops the run until you can get home and toss the dang things in the trash. Who needs nylons anyway? I wish I had pretty legs and could get away with not wearing them. Too bad for me.

A travel first aid kit: You never know when you will be out and about and hear, "Mom, I'm bleeding!" A band-aid will shut them up real quick because they are magic little things!

Wet Ones: Because I too am a neurotic mom and have to wipe down shopping carts before my kids can come within ten feet of them.

Bath and Body Works Cherry Blossom Lotion: I hate dry hands, and the smell of that stuff just makes me really happy! I love it!

Bath and Body Works Japanese Cherry Blossom Hand Sanitizer: Again, I love the smell of that stuff, and it doesn't make your hands dry or sticky like some hand sanitizers. Who goes anywhere without hand sanitizer these days? Why didn't I invest in that stock?

A notepad: Just because I have no brain and I have to write things down in order to remember anything.

A pen: A notepad isn't very useful without a pen to write on it with - unless you just need it to make paper airplanes. But I stink at that too. So I better just stick to writing on notepads.

My Scentsy Candle catalog and list of scents I like: I go to so many Scentsy parties and am always ordering more bars, so I always have to have my list of scents I like with me just in case I need to order! Maybe I should just be a consultant. Nah, I hate selling stuff.

A receipt for Maverick where I spent way too much on gas.

And finally, an expired coupon for chocolate! What was I thinking!? That precious gift sat in my purse unused. I shock myself. I have repented and I will never do that again!

If you made it through my list of crap, congratulations! I won't tag anyone. I know, I am breaking the rules. But if you would like to play along consider yourself tagged! I would love to snoop in your purse! (It's only fair - you looked in mine!) :)

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Yay! I'm the first comment! Fun! I saw somewhere that you were tagged (comments maybe?) And have been waiting for your response. You are a very prepared mom! I love that Japanese Cherry Blossom scent! I love the blue bag! I have been on a quest for a new handbag. I went recently to H&M to get one I had seen several months ago in either black or red, but they only had this bright blue and gold.

I use two handbags also-very interesting! :) The problem with trading out is that some things get left in the other bag and you really need it :(-lip moisturizer, lipstick, lotion, calendar...

O.K. Must go back to bed. I'm sitting here after 4:30 a.m. I heard DH come to bed late (He's working on a database for work). Between my semi-congestion and his snoring (!!!), I couldn't go back to sleep! After laying there forever...here I am. Is it too late for a simply sleep? I am rambling... (sigh)

I will try and do a bag post :)

Andrea said...

P.S. ...
Hilary,
My aunt lives in Smalltown, Texas...so I am sure she picked them up at Wal-Mart or something similar...unless she ventured out to Biggercity, Texas :). I did see them at Amazon-that's hw I see most updated toys..unless we go to TRUS. We can't get out of the store without sanity, so it's usually Amazon. Really, I think the hotwings were the trick. I would never make them-ugh..touching chicken? especially wings...eck.

I think you are a great mom too! Your kids are so lucky!You keep them laughing and do fun things! We have to get out every once in a while or I go insane. Out of house=clean house. I'm insane that way. Rambling again...

Jenn said...

Alright!!! The only thing missing was cookies!! I am disappointed with you for missing out on the free chocolate!! Don't feel bad I went to Hollywood video the other day to rent Enchanted and found out that 5 of my free coupons were expired by less then 2 weeks. Rock on girl with your cool blue purse!!