Thursday, April 10, 2008

Nark!

The other day, I was getting ready to turn on the movie "Cars" for Hayden. He is a bit obsessed with that movie lately. You know how they go through those phases where it is all about one certain movie twelve times a day for about four months solid until they find a new movie to obsess about? Well, for Hayden it is "Cars" right now.

So as I was getting ready to turn it on, Lana started freaking out and saying, "No, Mom, don't turn it on." I told her to chill out and let Hayden watch his silly movie so I don't have to hear him whine at me, and her response surprised me.

She said, "No, Mom. Me and Rylee had a plan. When you turned on the movie we were going to wait until you walked out of the room and then we were going to hide it in the piano."

"What," I said!

"Lana said, "Yeah, me and Wylee (the way she pronounces Rylee's name) had a plan because we are tiud (how she says tired) of cars (I can't type how she pronounces that one - just picture a Brooklyn accent when Lana talks)."

We proceeded to turn on the movie anyway, and I joked with Lana that maybe we should hide all of Rylee's favorite things while she was at school and see how she liked it. We giggled, and the afternoon went fine.

Then Lana met Rylee at the door after school. Rylee couldn't even set foot in the house when Lana said, "Wylee, Mom said that's not a good plan."

Rylee's jaw hit the floor. She knew exactly what Lana was talking about, and she said, "Lana, you weren't supposed to tell Mom about it!"

Thank you, Lana, for being a nark. What other schemes do my children have that the lid hasn't been blown off of yet? Are my kids really old enough to be "making plans" and "scheming?" I thought they were sweet and innocent. Think again, Dope! I guess it is mommy who needs a lesson this time!

5 comments:

Blackeyedsue said...

Your girls CRACK.ME.UP!!!!

I love their devious plan. Someday they may take over the world.

Andrea said...

Planning already at such a young age? You are definitely in trouble, girl!

We have that same problem with several movies ("Cars" also). We finally had to stop playing Lauren's fav "The Little Mermaid" since Ryan would freak out if we even mentioned playing it. We think it is Ursula!

I finally found our camera in the van, so I am updating tonight. Spring Break has somehow kept me busy!

Anonymous said...

Loved this story! I can so picture my two girls doing things like this one day. :) Your kids are adorable!!

Jenn said...

Congratulations!You have been BAG TAGGED! Go to my website to get the details!!

Larsens said...

Their teenage years will be here before you know it. Brace yourself now because it seems that those years are here already. Cute girls.