Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Tales of a White Trash Mom

Yesterday was my cleaning day, which usually means that my kids look like orphans all day and so do I. It also means I do whatever is necessary to keep them entertained. All rules of health and propriety go out the window. So what is a mom to do when the baby is frustrated because she can't keep up with the other two kids and I still have housework to do, so I can't entertain her very well?

Answer: You turn on a "Wiggles" video, since your baby has decided recently that she really likes them. You go downstairs and pull out the "Big girl" chair. (No, I don't have a high chair. Funny little thing about me - I hate high chairs. I like the cheepie little boosters that I can strap onto a resin chair and then when they get messy, the whole thing goes in the shower.) Anyway, back to our solution: I get the big chair out, strap Kate in it, turn on the "Wiggles" and pop a sucker in her mouth.


Do you think she likes it? After the sucker was gone, we went to Cheerios. What great snacks. And the "Wiggles" make great babysitters! Highly recommend them.


So, yes, I am a white trash mom with sticky icky kids who did not have healthy snacks yesterday. But I am a white trash mom with a clean house, and happy kids. This makes a happy mommy!

6 comments:

Jenn said...

AWESOME! You are my favorite white trash mom friend!!! Whatever it takes to get the job done! Right on Hil! You have the cutest kids ever and I NEVER had a highchair either and did the same thing with the cheap $10 pullup chairs and I loved it.

Anonymous said...

You are so funny! I LOVE reading your blogs. There is nothing wrong with being a little white trash! I think we all are sometimes. :) At least your house is clean right?!!

Blackeyedsue said...

You couldn't be white trash if you tried.

I abandon my kids at least one day a week as well...but you already knew that.

Amy said...

You are not a white trash mom. You are a wonderful mom with some inventive thinking. I love your blog and how creative you are.

The sucker in the booster chair with a movie idea is awesome!

Andrea said...

Sanity beats any "good mom" competition any day!

Mine are watching who-knows-what as I type (Nick Jr. has strayed to some transformer-type cartoon???, I smell a poopy diaper, there are magazines pulled from my basket, and I need to re-heat Wonder Boy's oatmeal. It was cooling and got too cool as I checked e-mail. So, must get back to my day job....have a good, clean house week!

Ashley said...

I do the same thing on cleaning day!!! My thing for Parks to watch is Blues Clues.. or Finding Nemo. And you know what... I dont have a high chair either. I actually have that same blue one that you have. Isnt it great! Wonderful for travel and easy to clean!