Monday, April 28, 2008

The "Flower Girl"

Last week Rylee and her BFF were in the school play. They performed "Alice in Wonderland" and they were sweet little flowers. Rylee told me before she performed the play that they were supposed to be mean and nasty flowers, but she "couldn't help but smile really big in front of adults!" How sweet is that!


So here is the ordeal that Blackeyedsue and I had. (If you didn't know already, the girl pictured with Rylee is Blackeyedsue's daughter.) The girls worked SOOOOO hard on this play - they practiced after school three days a week for the past four months and during the last two weeks it was almost every night. So when it came time to get costumes ready for the play the girls were told that their Alice In Wonderland t-shirts were "it" for their costumes. HOW LAME! After all that hard work, they only get to wear a dumb t-shirt in the play! No siree Bob! That didn't fly with Blackeyedsue and I.


So, we decided to try to make them look a little more like flowers. Blackeyedsue got gung-ho last Saturday and got it all figured out for me (thank goodness, because I was having a rotten day). She found green pants at Children's Place, little stretchy headbands and flowers, which we were able to cut apart and hot glue to clips for their hair, and she got flip-flops that we hot glued flowers to.



So these pictures were taken the last night of the play right before we left. Look how cute they look all "gussied" up, make-up and all!

Feelin' the love! Our girls better stay best buddies forever or it will be so sad!


Can we say, "DRAMATIC!" This girl likes to pose for pictures. I just thought I would point out the very blatantly obvious!

I snapped this shot of a bunch of the girls backstage just before the curtain went up. They were ready to "do their thing!"


After the play, a few of the people who were in the play ended up at Pace's for ice cream. What a fun ending to the long play run for these kids! They loved it! And so did Hayden! He and Bill were little ice cream buddies!


Apparently Hayden can't keep ice cream in his mouth. Every time the kid eats ice cream, we get a picture of him with ice cream on his chin. Silly boy!


Lana and Rylee with a couple of other sweet girls in our ward sitting on the tall bar stools to eat their ice cream. What cute girls!

Lana and her BFF (also Blackeyedsue's daughter - just in case you didn't already know!) They kept running back and forth talking to each other and they were so cute. They can't get enough of each other!


Kate even had a good time. I fed her Cheerios for her snack, and she loved them! Cutie pie!


And this was why we decided to leave Pace's. I am a white trash mom who lets her son crawl in the cupboards under the napkins and straws at Pace's. They had to love me! Hey, at least he wasn't throwing a fit! And it's not like they have food in there. So there is your tip for the week: If you take a two year old to a restaurant and they have a cupboard they can play and hide in, it keeps them quiet and happy!

7 comments:

Angie said...

Wow, you have a little actress! How fun. She looked very cute. And how great to have little BFF's! Is it just me or does Kate look like her Aunt Brook???

Laurie said...

Rylee is cute as always. I am sure she had a wonderful time. Plus, she got some cute outfits out of the deal.

I think little Hayden is a small version of Bill. He's just so cute!

Anonymous said...

Okay, you and your friend made the girls look like the cutest flowers EVER!! Y'all should have been the costume directors for the whole play. :) Maybe next year. ;) I agree with you about the t-shirt thing...glad those girls have such nice moms to make their costumes better!

Andrea said...

What? No flower costume? (@*@#$)I'm glad that your beautiful little ones weren't shortchanged on this deal. Those are so cute, that I bet you will see them wearing them throughout the season when they want to be dramatic. Start a new trend! :)

I love the playing in the cabinet story. That's one of those things we would cringe at when we were new to motherhood---now we just have to go with the flow sometimes!

Larsens said...

Those were some very creative outfits. The girls look so flowery and cute. What a fun ending for a fun day.
I need ice cream now. Maybe a milkshake...

Jenn said...

The girls look gorgeous. They look like they had a blast!! And you've got to stop calling your self White Trash Mom even though it does make it sound even more exciting when you say it.

Oh yeah I commented back to you on my blog but I was just saying that I WOULD LOVE TO MEET BLACK EYED SUE and have a LONG CONVERSATION really soon. I think we "jinxed" each other since I was just thinking of calling you this week.

Tai said...

She looked so cute and my girls loved the play!! Thanks for letting us take advantage of a good short free play!! Your kids are so sweet!!